Keiki Steps is a FREE early education program for children and parents.
Keiki Steps is a FREE program focused on parent-child interactive learning experiences from birth through five years. Adult participation is required, and enrollment preference is given to Native Hawaiian Families. Priority is given to high-need communities.
Keiki Steps Mission Statement
One of our goals is to provide Native Hawaiian children with a safe learning environment that is both culturally enriching and enjoyable. We also support opportunities that inspire growth and enhance the skills of early childhood education practitioners. Our programs provide educators with extensive training, and professional development is a top priority.
Early childhood programs help children prepare for success in school and life.
Promoting Native Hawaiian culture is more important than ever. As more children are encouraged to appreciate their heritage, a resurgence of Hawaiian culture is emerging. Families that participate in INPEACE programs feel a new sense of empowerment, as both children and parents enjoy closer, more fulfilling relationships with one another, while learning important new skills.
Keiki Steps provides children with the tools to learn and succeed:
- Our curriculum is designed for family-child interactive learning
- Facilitation of "Parents as the child's first teacher"
- We meet 4 times a week for interactive learning sessions and twice a month for ʻOhana Nurturing
- ʻOhana Nurturing seeks to strengthen the family's understanding of early childhood development
- We provide developmental screening and assessments through nationally recognized methods including the ASQ, ASQ-SE, PPVT and Ounce Scale Assessments
- We believe the implementation of language is key to preparing your child for school success
Learn more about our program:
- Kapolei - Barbers Point Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Nānākuli - Nānākuli Elementary School, P10
- Māʻili - Māʻili Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Leihoku - Leihoku Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Waiʻanae - Waiʻanae Elementary School, P6
- Kamaile - Kamaile Academy, Cafeteria
- Mākaha - Mākaha Elementary School, Portable 23
- Ulu Ke Kukui - Room 3
- Hilo – Kaiʻulani
- Kapiʻolani - Kapiʻolani Elementary School, Cafeteria
- Keaukaha - Keaukaha Elementary School, Cafeteria